The Austin Track Club is seeking current or aspiring professional middle-distance runners. Founded in 2010, the Austin Track Club has trained professional athletes such as Leo Manzano, Kyle Miller, Jacob Hernandez and Shannon Rowbury while supporting its mission of promoting healthy lifestyles and advancing the sport of professional running in America. Austin TC coaches and athletes embrace a no-frills, blue-collar training philosophy that allows them to balance intelligent and gritty performances on the track with a relaxed, well-rounded atmosphere away from training. The club presents a series of events throughout the year including the Mile City Series, the Manzano Mile, and the Professional Track and Field Summit; in addition to middle-distance training programs for all levels of athletes. Austin TC is regularly featured by the running media for its athletic success and aggressive efforts to professionalize the sport and its athletes.
· Attend all workouts at the direction of the head coach, assistant coaches and affiliated coaching staff.
· Schedule and attend recovery sessions with massage therapists, chiropractors and sports medicine personnel as directed by the coaching staff; or as deemed necessary by athlete.
· Perform a minimum of two community outreach or professional growth events each month. Potential events must be approved by Austin TC administrators to ensure adherence with the club’s mission and to maximize promotion of the club’s community relationships. Austin TC administrators may coordinate some events, but it is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that the minimum number of events are completed each month.
· Support and contribute to the development of a multi-level amateur, sub-elite and professional training system within Austin TC
· Maintain an active and professional social media presence in order to generate positive publicity for the club, and to increase marketing value for the club’s and the athlete’s sponsors and partners.
· Assist with Austin TC training programs, event planning and daily operations.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
· Demonstrated record of success and improvement at the high school, collegiate and post-collegiate (as applicable) levels
· Active accounts on at least 2 social media sites
· Ability to generate fan and sponsor interest in the sport of professional track and field and its athletes; and to generate value for individual and club sponsors through brand ambassadorship, personal conduct and athletic performance.
· Desire and commitment to live and train as a professional athlete on a professional sports team.
· Willingness to be coached and educated on all aspects of athletic and professional development.
What We Offer:
· World-class coaching under head coach Ryan Ponsonby
· The climate, trails and culture that contribute to Austin regularly placing among America’s 10 Fittest Cities and 10 Best Places to live
· Annual trips to training camps at altitude
· Reduced rates with sports medicine professionals, massage therapists and gear providers
· Entry into professional races as well as national- and world-championship qualifying races
· Relocation costs
· Assistance with job placement, finding housing and sponsorship opportunities
· Professional networking and education through the Track and Field Athletes’ Association, USATF Foundation and in-house resources
· running resume with personal records, season bests from 2009 - present, past / present coaches, and all previous or current sponsorships;
· full resume, with links to social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Flotrack, blogs etc, as applicable);
· Statement of Purpose: Include your athletic goals as well as your goals for your post-athletic career; how you can contribute to the Austin Track Club athletically and professionally; and how you will build value for the club, the community and our partners.
All application items should be sent to: email@example.com.
Updated on May 25, 2013, 12:09am